Sweet Chili Thai Style Chicken
Sweet chili Thai style chicken is delicious and savory. When you taste it the word exotic will come to mind. It makes a fantastic meal in the middle of the week meal because the entire dish can be made up in about half an hour. As with many of our 30 minute dinners, you’ll find most of the ingredients right in your kitchen. The dish is great served up with a bed of hot steamed rice. Believe me, your family and friends will come back for seconds.
The recipe can be altered in several ways. For example, we use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they are handy and healthy, but any cut of chicken can be used. If you use bone in chicken, you will have to adjust the cooking time, however.
The sweet chili sauce can be found in just about any grocery or Asian store, but you can make it from scratch if you wish. We have a great recipe for homemade sweet chili sauce:
The amount of soy sauce and sriracha can also be changed in accordance to your taste. If you don’t have sriracha, you can use a few drops of tabasco or hot chili flakes.
Watch the video, give the recipe a try, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size cubes
- pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lime
- For the Sauce:
- ½ cup of sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, and sriracha. Mix until well combined. Set is aside.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the chicken in, pepper it to taste, and fry it, over medium high heat, until brown and cooked though. This should take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the onion, garlic, and ginger. Toss and fry until the spices are fragrant.
- Pour the sauce in and give it another toss until the chicken is covered. Turn the heat down and allow it to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Plate, garnish with cilantro, and squeeze the lime juice over. Enjoy your sweet chili Thai style chicken.
Share This Recipe