Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets
As always, 30 minute fish fillets are simple and easy. They only involve a few simple ingredients such as pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, corn starch, and ground black pepper for the sauce. I use haddock, but you can use the fish or your choice. The fish is heated and fried at 350 degrees F or 177 C for about 3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown. The veggies used are red and green bell peppers, onions, ginger, and pineapple. When all is combined the dish is incredible. Give it a try, watch the video, and let us know what you think.Video;
- 5 Fish fillets, slice in chunks (Haddok, Tilapia, halibut)
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- corn starch
- 1 red belle pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup Pineapple juice or water
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown or white sugar
- ground pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk and set aside.
- Crack an egg into the fish and mix gently. Dredge each fish in cornstarch set aside.
- Fry in batches in heated oil about 350 degrees F until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute bell pepper, onion and ginger until tender crisp. Pour in sauce, whisk and bring to a boil. stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce into the fish fillets and serve.
Share This Recipe