Thai Style Coconut Chicken in 30 Minutes
Thai style coconut chicken is one of my all time favorites, as I am a lover of Asian food, especially Thai food. The coconut cream makes the recipe creamy and rich, the spices are perfect, the chicken is tender, the veggies are tender crisp, and the chilies give the dish that wonderful heat. Combine all of this and it is a dish that is simply to die for.
Of course you can alter things according to your liking. For example, If you want more garlic, ginger, or shallots, by all means do so. If you want the dish hotter, add more chilies or sriracha. It is totally your call.
Give our Thai style coconut chicken a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 thumb size chopped ginger
- 3 cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 Thai chillies
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of sriracha (optional)
- 1½ cups of coconut milk
- ½ of a lime
- 2 tbsp of cilantro
- Add some oil to a pan over medium high heat.
- Put the garlic, shallot, ginger in and fry until fragrant. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Place the chicken in and fry until they are no longer pink - about 5 minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper, chillies, fish sauce, pepper, sriracha, and stir a fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- After a boil, reduce the heat, put a lid on, and allow it to boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Plate it up.
- Add in the juice of the lime and the cilantro over the top.
- Enjoy your Thai style coconut chicken.