Tofu burgers are made with extra firm tofu, spices, and a combination of vegetables. They are a great alternative to hamburgers and perfect for a vegetarian diet. The vegetables and spices in this recipe are considered a perfect combination for our taste. You can, however, adjust these ingredients according to your preferences and taste.
We usually bake our burgers and the oven. Alternatively, they are equally delicious panfried or grilled. If you have extra space in your freezer, you may also want to consider making some additional paddies and freezing them. They actually freeze very nicely. As with regular burgers, simply use the condiments you prefer. Give these tofu burgers a try today. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
- 305 g extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 tbsp celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp grated carrots (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- 1 raw egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- hamburger buns
- condiments of your choice: coleslaw, mayonnaise, etc.
- vegetable oil (For deep frying only)
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
(4 / 5)
- Break or mash tofu into pieces using hands until crumbly. Pat with a paper towel to thoroughly drain the excess water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed tofu and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- Form into a burger patty. Flatten the patties using a spatula or the palm of your hand.
- Place in a preheated oven at 425°F and bake for about 40 minutes or until nicely browned. After 20 minutes of baking, flip the tofu burgers over and return them to the oven for an additional 20 minutes. Alternatively, add vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry patties over medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with condiments of your choice. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe