A tomato omelette is a simple, healthy, and delicious breakfast recipe. The preparation of the dish is simple. There is, however, a technique to flipping the omelette. This simply involves sliding it onto a platter or plate and positioning the pan over the plate. Then, flip the omelette back into the pan. This saves the hassle of trying to use an egg flipper and ending up with scrambled eggs. Also, it is important to saute the onions and tomatoes for a minutes or two. This will soften them both and give them some elasticity. This way, they won’t break the omelette up when flipping or serving it. On last tip is to continue to whisk the egg mixture even when you are pouring it into the pan. This will ensure that the onions and tomatoes will be evenly distributed.Serve your tomato omelette up with your favorite weekend side dishes such as sausages and toast. Give this simple breakfast recipe a try today
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium size tomato (1/4 cup), chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 20 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino, Nigerian
(4 / 5)
- Add some cooking oil to a preheated pan, and put the onions and tomatoes in. Saute them for 1 to 2 minutes until they are fragrant. Set them aside.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Season them with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the tomatoes and onions. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add a little bit more oil to the same pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan while you continue to whisk. Cook it over low heat for about 9 minutes or until the top part of the omelette has begun to set. Slide it onto a plate, place the pan back over the plate, and flip the omelette back into the pan. Continue to cook for another 2 or 3 minutes until the bottom part has fully set.
- Serve your tomato omelette on a place with your favorite sausages. Enjoy.
Share This Recipe