Tomato pasta is a relatively easy dish. It is made with a few basic ingredients such as cherry tomatoes which are used as the sauce base. This recipe is great, especially when there is no pasta sauce in your kitchen and you want to make a pasta dish for dinner or a snack. All you need are some fresh tomatoes and spices.
When cooking this, begin by slicing the cherry tomatoes in half. Grape or plum tomatoes will do, as well. As with any recipe, the taste is entirely up to to you, so adjust the salt and pepper to your liking. If you want a lot of tomatoes, go ahead and add as many as you want. This is true especially if you’re going to cook a lot of pasta as the dish will taste bland. Remember, there is no sauce in this recipe. Spaghetti, macaroni, or penne pasta can be used. Grate some of your favorite cheese before serving, as it adds flavor.
- 200 g penne (any pasta)
- 20 cherry tomatoes (grape or plum), slice in half
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped or (1 tbsp dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese (Parmesan or cheddar)
- water for boiling pasta
- olive oil
- Servings: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
(4 / 5)
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water until it’s al dente – refer to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is simmering, add olive oil to a preheated pan.
- Add in the garlic, hot pepper flakes, and parsley. Saute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until they are slightly wilted – about 5 minutes. Add more oil if the pan is getting dry.
- Add in the cooked pasta. Toss until well incorporated.
- Transfer onto a platter. Grate cheese over the top and serve.
Share This Recipe