Tuna burgers are a delightful and healthy alternative to traditional hamburgers. I serve these up a couple of times a month. They are a real treat for family and friends. A lot of people say that can’t really distinguish them from traditional hamburgers. They are great done up on the grill, as well. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making these tasty tuna burgers. First, you can use any brand of tuna you like. Just keep in mind that cheaper brands of tuna can give off a fishy taste when fried. In light of this, I would stay with a good brand. I usually buy the tuna soaked in water, as well. Make sure you drain it well though. We use Italian bread crumbs as they add some additional flavor, but you could use Panko too. The seasoning used is what I like, but feel free to add more or less of each seasoning. You could also consider using some worcestershire or soy sauce. A hit of tabasco might give it a bit of heat. Of course, you can use the condiments of your choice.Video:
- 2 170 gram cans of light tuna, drained
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or spatula, mix until everything is well combined. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or so.
- Grab up a handful of the mixture and form it into a patty. Set the patties aside on a plate.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Place the burgers in and fry them for 2 minutes, over medium heat, on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Place the burgers on a toasted bun and top with lettuce, relish, and mayo or the condiments of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy your tuna burgers.
Share This Recipe