Tuna Egg Rolls
Tuna egg rolls are simple and delicious, and I like them as an appetizer or snack. They also make a great finger food for parties. The great thing is, they can be made up very inexpensively and you’ll have most of the ingredients right in your pantry. Give these tasty little treats a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few basic tips and suggestions to making our tuna egg rolls. First, I prefer tuna in water as it’s a touch healthier. You can, however, use tuna in oil if it’s your preference. As always, the better the quality of tuna, the better the rolls will be.
We use basic ingredients such as coleslaw mix, green onions, and celery as our primary ingredients. The beauty of the recipe is, you can really use anything you have kicking around in your fridge or add some additional ingredients. For example, some pickles or relish might add a nice touch. Some dijon mustar could also be added to the mayo for some extra flavor.
I always fry mine up in a wok using oil at 375 degrees F or 190 C. If you don’t have a wok, a frying pan will suffice. A candy thermometer can be used to measure the temperature. If you don’t have one, drop a bit of the tuna mixture in the oil. If it sizzles, it’s about the correct temperature. I fry them on each side for about 4 minutes as you want them a nice golden brown.Video;
- 2 cans of tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup of mixed veggies (coleslaw mix)
- 1 stock of celery, chopped
- 2 - 3 tbsp of green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 6 tbsp of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 - 10 egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, veggies, celery, green onions, garlic powder, mayo, salt and pepper. Mix until it's well combined.
- Lay the wrappers out, so they resemble a diamond shape. Put 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture into the center of each wrapper. seal all edges with water using your finger or a brush.
- Fold the outside edges towards the enter. Then, fold the edge closest to you into the center and roll it into a log shape.
- Place about 2 inches of oil into the bottom of a wok or frying pan and heat it to about 375 degrees F or 190 C.
- Fry the rolls, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Alliteratively, you can bake it at 400 F for 12 minutes or so.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy your tuna egg rolls.