Tuna Nuggets in 30 Minutes
Tuna nuggets are simple to prepare and delicious. I with the idea to make these because everywhere I went, I encountered chicken nuggets and I felt as if I wanted something different. They came out incredible, so I just had to share this recipe. Believe me, nobody will believe they are made with canned tuna.
There are a few tips and alterations to this recipe. First off, people frequently ask what is the best brand of tuna to use. I always refer them to Starkist tuna which comes in pouches, but you can use your favourite tuna. It’s wise to use tuna in water rather than tuna in oil, however.
To make the mixture this recipe uses a simple combination of celery, carrots, garlic, parsley, onion, egg, pepper, and flour. You can certainly change some of the ingredients according to your liking. As always, be as creative as you wish.
We use vegetable oil to fry the tuna nuggets, but you can use the oil of your choice. For example, canola oil or peanut oil always works well. Sometimes other types of oil are healthier. Alternatively, the nuggets can be baked instead of frying. I just find they are a touch on the dry side.
You can serve these delicious tuna nuggets up with some ketchup, sweet chili sauce, or the sauce of your choice.
Give them a try, and let us know what you think.Video:
- 2 cans (240 grams) of tuna, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 stocks of celery, chopped
- 1 small chopped onion
- ½ small chopped carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp of all purpose flour
- pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl. Using a spoon or spatula, mix until everything is well combined.
- Pick up about two tablespoons of the mixture, put it in the palm of your hand, and form it into a nugget. Repeat the process for the remaining mixture.
- Pout about 1½ inches of oil into a frying pan. Heat it to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Fry the nuggets, in batches, for about 1 minutes on each side.
- Set them aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Serve them up with some ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, or the sauce of your choice.
- Enjoy your tuna nuggets.