Leftover Turkey Bolognese
Turkey bolognese is a great left over turkey dish after the holidays. I always make it up, and believe me, it’s an instant hit. Your family and friends will love it.
There are few tips to making this tasty dish. First. You can use white or dark meat. Personally, I like a combination of both. I like to include onions, garlic, carrots, and celery, but you can use the vegetables of your choice. The marinara sauce really adds a nice touch. If you have more turkey, add more sauce, of course. Spaghetti sauce can be used as well. I find it just isn’t as nice. Give it a try and let us know what you think.Video:
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of finely chopped celery
- 1 medium peeled carrot, finely chopped
- 1 pound of left over turkey
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 250 grams of spaghetti
- 24 oz of marinara sauce
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot,over medium high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots.
- Stir and saute for about 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add in the turkey and marinara sauce and stir. Place a lid on the pot, reduce the heat to medium low, and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, boil your spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Place the basil and Parmesan in and stir once again.
- Put the spaghetti in and toss until it's well combined.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy your turkey bolognese.
Share This Recipe