Vegetable Curry Soup
Vegetable curry soup is made with a few simple ingredients. In light of this, it can be whipped up in a few minutes. I usually make it up for lunch on cool, rainy days as the smell of curry is warm and inviting. This dish is meatless, so it’s a great recipe for vegetarians. If you and your friends are curry lovers, make up a big batch and invite them over. This vegetable curry soup is also nice served up with your favorite bread and a nice glass of red wine or beer.
The tips to making this recipe are as follows: First, you can use mild, medium, or strong curry depending on how powerful you like it. Personally, I prefer mine a little on the mild side. If you’re in Asia or have access to fresh coconut milk, by all means use it. The stuff the in can works just fine, as well. It’s best to use a medium head of cauliflower so it doesn’t crowd out the mixed veggies. If the soup is a little too watery, you can certainly add more cauliflower and mixed vegetables. Don’t let the cauliflower simmer for much more that 10 minutes or it will be too soft and mushy. I use frozen mixed vegetables simply because they are convenient. If you have the time and energy, however, you can cut up your own carrots, peas, and corn. You can also add other vegetables depending on how you like your vegetable curry soup.
- 1 medium heat of cauliflower broken in florets
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp of hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Servings: 4
- Level: Easy
- Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
(5 / 5)
- Add the cauliflower to a medium size pot. Pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock, chopped cilantro, curry powder and stir until well combined. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
- After a boil, reduce the heat to low, put a lid on, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Add in the mixed vegetables and lemon juice. Season it with salt and pepper. Stir and allow it to simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Ladle the vegetable curry soup into a bowl. Garnish with some hot pepper flakes and serve.
Share This Recipe