Imagine a wonderful dessert using only 2 ingredients. If you can, trying our 2 ingredient chocolate bars is a must. They are made with a simple combination of rolled out crescent rolls, which can be bought in any grocery store, and semi sweet chocolate chips. Simply break open the rolls, spread them out into their pre-cut triangles, place come chocolate cups on, roll them up again, and bake them.
Believe me, the outcome of these rolls is out of this world. I always enjoy them served up with a cup, coffee or a glass of milk. Even the kids will love them. Another great thing is, they can be made up in about half an hour.
Just a few notes. I use brown chocolate as I really like it. You can use white chocolate if you wish. Semi sweet chocolate is used in the recipe, but if you want to cut back on the sugar, use unsweetened. If you have a real sweet tooth, use sweetened chocolate.
The rolls can be made from scratch, but I find it just as easy to buy them. After you coat them with the final layer of chocolate, some powdered sugar could be dusted over the top. I just think it’s a bit of an overkill though.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Chocolate Rolls Video:[/btn]
- 1 tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls – 8 pieces
- 3/3 to 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the crescent rolls out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread some chocolate chips over each section (about 1 tbsp).
- Starting from the wide end of the triangle, roll them up.
- Place them in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Heat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
- Stir and place them into a piping bag with a medium tip. You can also use a zip lock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Pipe some chocolate, in zig zags, onto each of the rolls after they have cooled.
- Serve and enjoy your 2 ingredient chocolate rolls.