Our almond and walnut cookies are simple to make and bursting with flavour. This is fairly amazing considering the recipe only consists of 4 ingredients.
With the ingredients on hand, you can put them together in half and hour. They are relatively healthy as well as they do not contain regular flour but only almond flour. In light of that, they don’t have the doughy, heavy texture of a regular cookies but every bit as good. You can always add your own touch as well. I always serve them up with a cup of tea or coffee. Believe me, your family will love them.
In terms of changes to the recipe, there are many. If you don’t have almond flour, you can use all purpose flour. Coconut sugar can be substituted for brown sugar to make the recipe a bit healthier. Instead of walnuts, dried fruit, banana chips, chocolate chips, etc. can be used. The list is basically endless.
Give our almond and walnut cookies a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 cup of almond or regular flour
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of water
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C
- Place the ingredients into a bowl and mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a smaller ice cream scoop, scoop up some of the mixture, place it in the palm of your hand and form it into a ball.
- Place it on the parchment paper, press down a bit, and sprinkle some almonds over the top.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve them up with a cup of tea, coffee, or cold milk.
- Enjoy your almond, walnut cookies.