Apple bacon grilled cheese sandwiches are incredibly easy to make and remarkably delicious. I always make them up for lunch on the weekends, and they are an instant hit with family and friends. They also make a great snack or party idea. Give them a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this tasty grilled cheese sandwich. First, I always use Granny Smith apples, simply because I enjoy the taste. You, however, can use any type of apples you wish. For example, if you want the sandwich a little bit sweeter, you can use Fuji apples. In terms of the cheese, I use a California cheddar. Of course, you can use your favorite cheese. We use a smoked hickory bacon in this recipe. Again, you can use your favorite kind of bacon. Frying sandwich for about 3 min. on each side tends to produce a beautiful golden brown appearance. Keep on eye on it and, if necessary, reduce or increase the frying time accordingly. Serve you’re Apple bacon, grilled cheese sandwich up with your favorite condiment. As always, enjoy!
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 slices of bread, buttered
- 10 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, fried
- oil for frying
- Spread a generous amount of butter over one side of the bread and
- flip it over.
- Place 4 to 5 slices of cheddar cheese onto the unbuttered side of the bread, followed by enough apple slices to cover the cheese. Add about 2 slices of crispy fried bacon, broken in half, on top of the cheese and another 4 to 5 slices of cheese.
- Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into a preheated pan. Place the Sandwich in and and fry it over medium heat, periodically pressing down on the sandwich within an egg flipper, for about 3 min. on each side.
- Slice, serve and enjoy your Apple bacon, grilled cheese.