Apple pastry is so easy to make and incredibly delicious. All you have to do is buy some puff pastry, throw a few simple ingredients over the top, and slip it in the oven I always make it up for parties and everybody loves it. As always, give it a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few baking tips to making this tasty apple pastry. First, I always use the store bought pastry as its inexpensive and easy to get in most supermarkets. You can make it by hand, but it involves some time and effort. Any type of apple can be used in this recipe, but try and use a fairly sweet apple such as golden delicious or fuji. Granny Smith apples are far too sour for my liking. You can use as much, or as little, cinnamon and sugar as you wish. If you’re diet conscious, cut back on the sugar; if you have a sweet tooth, add a little more. If you’re a cinnamon lover, add more; if you’re not, cut back. Baking it for 20 to 25 minutes is just about perfect. Keep an eye on it, however, as all ovens vary
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 10 by 10 (225 grams) sheet of puff pastry
- 1 large apple cut into fairly thin wedges
- 3 – 4 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter 113 grams of butter, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F – 177 C.
- Quarter the apple, cut out the cores, and slice it into fairly thin wedges.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper and lay the puff pastry on.
- Place the apples on evenly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the apples followed by the cubed butter.
- Place it in the oven and allow it to bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your apple pastry.