[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 cups grated green papaya
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 thumb size ginger cut in strips
- 1 small carrot julienne
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- sugar to taste
- salt to taste
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Peel and grate papaya using a cheese grater or fork. Set aside.
- Place grated papaya in mixing bowl and sprinkle salt. Rub thoroughly using hand or place in a clean table cloth. Squeeze papaya to take out some juices. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, pour in vinegar and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. (Adjust according to taste) Turn off heat and let cool for a minute.
- Pour the mixture into grated papaya. Add the ginger, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, raisins, carrots. Mix all together until well blended.
- Put in jar or clean bottle and seal tightly. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve and enjoy!