No bake chocolate chip cookie pie is out of this world. It’s one of the most simplistic pies I have ever made. Whoever would have thought that a Graham pie crust filled with chocolate chip cookies and cream could come out so delicious. Believe me, young and old alike will love it. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few pointers to making this simply delicious cookie pie. First, I use the standard Chip Ahoy cookies, but you can use whatever cookie you like. I know they make them in mint, etc. In light of this, you could use any flavor you like. We always whip up the whipping cream , but Cool Whip or Reddi Whip could be used, as well. I add a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the whipped cream, but you can leave it out if your diet conscious. In this recipe, we spread a layer of crushed cookies over the top which makes it look rustic, but you could add half or quartered cookies to get the appearance of your choice. In terms of the Graham crust, it can be made from scratch or store bought.
- 1 box (20 cookies) of chocolate chip cookies
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- 1 Graham pie shell
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 or 3 of the cookies, crumbled
- 1 cup of milk
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, whip the cream while gradually adding in the sugar. This should take about 3 or 5 minutes to get semi stiff peaks.
- Individually dip half the cookies (about 10) in the milk for 1 or two seconds and place them on the bottom of the pie crust. Arrange them evenly and cut a couple to fill in the spaces.
- Add half the whipping cream over the cookies and spread it out evenly.
- Add another layer of dipped cookies followed by another layer of whipped cream and spread it out evenly.
- Put the crumbled cookies over the top.
- Chill for 6 to 6 hours – overnight is best.
- Serve and enjoy your no bake chocolate chip cookie pie.