Breaded chicken fillets are made from boneless breasts coated with eggs, flour, and bread crumbs. Green peas, carrots, and potatoes are excellent selections as a side dish. These fillets make an excellent lunch or dinner for the family. They are fast, easy to prepare, and make a fantastic lunchbox addition. You may also want to use the chicken fillets to make a tasty chicken burger or sandwich.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 4 large boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Servings: 3
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place chicken fillet on a flat surface and flatten by pounding. Slice chicken into serving pieces; set aside in a small container and squeeze lemon juice on top. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
- Roll chicken into a bowl of flour and make sure is fully covered.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt and pepper. Dip in chicken fillet, coat evenly with egg mixture.
- Dredge in a bowl of bread crumbs.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry coated chicken fillet over medium heat until golden brown approximately 4-5 minutes; drain excess oil.
- Serve with gravy. Enjoy!