Buffalo chicken is simple and easy. It’s delicious especially the heat given by the sriracha. When I serve this, my family and guests ask for seconds, and they want me to share the recipe. It makes an excellent meal during the week as the entire dish can be made up in about 20 minutes or so. Read the recipe, watch the video, give it a shot, and let us know how you like it.
Let’s discuss some options to making this delicious buffalo chicken. First, just about any cut of chicken can be used. We use boneless, skinless breasts because they are healthy and relatively easy to work with. In my opinion, the dish is great as is, but you could add more spices if you Like. A little onion, garlic, etc. would add a welcomed twist. The other ingredients, in terms of amounts, can be adjusted too. If you want it hotter, add a little more sriracha or vice versa. Any brand can be used, or you can use the hot sauce of your choice. If you want it creamier, add more butter. Be sure to toss it for a few minutes as you want the chicken well coated with the sriracha and butter. The chicken commonly fries up perfectly, over medium high heat, in about 8 to 10 minutes, but I always slice a piece in half just to make sure there are no pink areas.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of sriracha or hot sauce
- oil for frying
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper to a sealable container. Put the chicken in, place the top on, and shake until the chicken is well coated.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan. Fry the chicken, over medium high heat, until it’s golden brown. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes. Set it aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add in the butter, allow it to melt, and deglaze the pan.
- Put the sriracha in and stir until it’s well combined.
- Place the chicken back in and and toss it for a couple of minutes until the chicken is completely coated with the butter and sriracha.
- Serve and enjoy your buffalo chicken.