Caramelized chicken wings are a Vietnamese inspired recipe made with a sweet, sticky sauce coated over the wings.The great thing about this dish is that the marinating sauce is used to coat the chicken to make it glossy, thick, and appetizing. It is healthier than most wing recipes as it is baked, as opposed to deep-fried. Alternatively, you can deep-fry them, however. Marinating the wings overnight is always preferred. If you are in a rush, however, one or two hours will suffice. If you don’t like fish sauce, soy sauce makes a nice alternative. When heating the marinating sauce, make sure you use a medium heat to make it hot and bubbly enough to allow it to caramelize.
Caramelized chicken wines are great to serve up on the weekend as a finger food or snack. Give this a try today. We know you love it.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 20 pcs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- spring onions for garnishing
- red chilies for garnishing
- Servings: 2
- Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Level: Moderate
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add the water and sugar into a saucepan. Mix it over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the chili sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and fish sauce. Stir and simmer it for at least 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over them. Mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well combined. Marinate them, in the fridge, for at least an hour or overnight.
- After an hour, arrange the chicken on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Reserve the marinating sauce. Bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for at least 40 minutes.
- In the mean time, put the marinating sauce in a saucepan. Simmer it over medium heat for at least 10 minutes or until it bubbles, caramelizes, and thickens. Turn off the heat.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer it into a bowl. Pour the sauce over and mix it until the chicken is fully coated with the mixture.
- Serve the caramelized chicken wings on a platter. Garnish them with chilies and spring onions. Enjoy!