Chicken and bean stew is the ultimate comfort food with a delicious combination of flavors. It is like a stew and a soup combined. It is made with boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano. The tomatoes and kidney beans are a welcomed addition, not to mention the onion and garlic. The great thing is it can be made in 30 minutes, which makes it a great midweek meal. The chicken is tender, the spices and beans are so good. Everybody, believe me, will love this meal. I serve it up with some buns or garlic bread.
Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of kidney beans, drained
- 5 basil leaves
- Season the chicken, on both sides, with the salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan, place the chicken, and fry until cooked and brown.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add a bit more oil.
- Stir and saute the onion and garlic, over medium high heat, until they are fragrant.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken back in, cover, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the kidney beans, basil leave in, and allow the beans to heat up for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy you chicken and bean stew in 30 minutes.