Chicken enchiladas are a Mexican delight that are fairly simple to make. I always make them up for parties and get and birthdays. These tasty treats are always a hit and people beg for the reipe. Give them a try and let us know how you like them.
There are a few alternatives to this recipe. To begin with, this recipes uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but any cut of chicken can be used. If you are going to use bone in chicken, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
The spices we use are chilli powder, salt and pepper, but you can add the spices of your choice. I use salsa, but of course, you can use enchilada sauce. You can find it in most major grocery stores.
We us monterey jack cheese, but other cheeses can be used as an alternative.
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1/2 tbsp of chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese or cheddar
- 6 tortilla wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 177 C.
- Add the chicken breasts, chilli powder, salt, pepper, salsa, and cheese to a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan over hight heat and fry the tortillas for a few minutes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the mixture into the centre of the tortillas and roll it up.
- Put some of the salsa into the bottom of your preferred container. You want just enough to line the bottom of the container.
- Place the enchiladas in and spoon more sauce over the sauce followed by a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your chicken enchiladas.