Chicken Skillet Pot Pie is simple and so delicious. The entire dish can be made up in less than an hour. In light of that, it makes a fantastic meal during the week. The great thing is, you’ll have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. Give it a try and, as always, let us know what you think.
There are a few variations and alterations to the recipe. First, I always use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can use other cuts of chicken too. The recipe calls for heavy or whipping cream. If you’re diet conscious, however, you can use half and half. The dish will simply be a little more watery. We use carrots, onions, and potatoes, but other ingredients can be used, as well. For example, garlic, beans, or peas would be a welcomed addition. Pillsbury Biscuits work really well, but you can use something else if you wish. Twenty minutes in the oven usually cooks the biscuits nicely, but keep an eye on it as ovens do vary.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 250 ml of heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups of carrots
- 1 cup of potatoes, diced
- 1 300 ml can of cream of chicken soup
- 8 – 10 Pillsbury Biscuits (1 roll)
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 177 C.
- Add some oil to a frying pan and add the chicken in. Fry it, over medium high heat, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until it’s cooked.
- Add in the heavy cream, cream of chicken soup, onions, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the mixture into the casserole dish of your choice and arrange the biscuits evenly over the top.
- Place it in the oven and allow it to bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, serve, and enjoy your skillet chicken pot pies.