Chicken teriyaki originated in Japan. It is now widespread around the world. It simply consists of chicken thighs and a sweetened sauce and is thus easy to prepare and delicious.This is one of my favorite recipes on Friday night after a long week’s work. I love to sit back with a cold beer, watch a great movie, and eat my chicken teriyaki.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo boneless chicken breast cut in strips
- 3 tbsp cooking wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Japanese
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Sprinkle chicken with flour on both sides.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and pan fry chicken until light brown.
- Add in cooking wine, sugar, soy sauce and water. Simmer to a boil over low heat for at least 15 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on a serving dish and pour over the sauce. Garnish with lettuce or spring onions.