Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting make an excellent combination. If you are a peanut butter lover, you will enjoy these. There are a few tips, however, when baking these cupcakes. First, make sure that you use a light coco. Darker coco will give them a bitter taste. Secondly, be sure to only fill the cups a little over half full with the batter. If you fill them too full, they will rise and turn out like muffins rather than cupcakes. If the frosting is a little too heavy or granular to pipe on, simply add a little more milk to the recipe. If you are lactose intolerant, you can substitute water for milk. If you don’t have a piping bag handy, you can use a piece of plastic wrap with a hole in it. You really don’t have to worry about over mixing the batter. Usually the cupcakes will bake in about 20 minutes. Lastly, to make sure they are properly baked, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, they are done. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make it at home. Read our page and watch our video about how to make buttermilk at home.
Enjoy these chocolate cupcakes served up as a snack or dessert. They will be an instant hit with everybody.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour, sifted
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 of butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 cup of confectioner’s sugar or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Yield: 12-13
- Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Level: Advanced
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Using an electric mixer or spoon, beat on low speed until creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract. Beat again until well incorporated.
- Pour in the butter milk and add the flour mixture. Beat until well incorporated. Do not over mixed.
- Line the muffin tray with a muffin cups. Fill the cups with the batter using an ice cream scoop or spoon a little over half full. Do not fill the cups, They will rise when baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for at least 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set them aside on a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, add the peanut butter and soften butter to a mixing bowl. Beat until well combined and creamy.
- Put in the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat them until they are smooth and creamy.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag with a fairly large tip.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes using your preferred design. Sprinkle with your favorite chocolate chips or candy sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!