Our chocolate macaroon tart is easy to make and tasty. Better yet, it is made using only five ingredients: coconut flakes, flour, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips. All of which you will probably have in your pantry and fridge. Don’t let the simplicity of the dish fool you, it is out of this world.
Like most recipes, there are alterations that can be made to the recipe. For starters, we use heavy cream, but if you are diet conscious, you can substitute half and half or milk.
To enhance the flavours more, vanilla or almond extract can be added. I do not think it is necessary and some people do not have it on hand, however.
This recipe uses sweetened coconut flakes but feet free to use unsweetened flakes if you wish. They are both available in most supermarkets or Asian stores.
Lastly the ingredients in this recipe fit nicely into a 6 inch tart pan. If you are going to use a bigger pan or a pie plate, it would be wise to triple the recipe.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup (4tbsp) of all purpose flour
- 1/2 can (150 ml) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- In a mixing bowl, combined the coconut flakes, flour, and condensed milk. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the contents out evenly in a 6 inch tart pan.
- Place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Pour the heavy cream into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Add the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and pour the heated whipping cream over them. Stir until melted.
- Add the chocolate mixture over the tart.
- Allow it to set for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your chocolate macaroon tart.