This classic egg salad sandwich is one of the kings of sandwiches. It is also the first in our back to school series, and one of my favorites. It is a great lunchbox idea for the kids. It is also a fantastic lunch idea. Believe me, everybody will love it. It goes beyond the traditional egg salad due to the ingredients.
You can vary the ingredients, however, but these are my favourite. The mustard combined with the mayo and other ingredients makes this sandwich out of this world. I use brown bread, but you can use the bread of your choice.
As alway, give it a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp of chopped celery
- 1 tsp of sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of chopped green onions
- 3 tbsp of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 2 pieces of bread
- Add the eggs to a pot, put in enough water to cover them, place a lid on and bring to a boil. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place them in cold water and peel them.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and using a fork mash them.
- Add in the celery, relish, mustard, onions, mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Using a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Lay the lettuce on the bottom layer of bread followed by the mixture.
- Place the top on.
- Serve and enjoy your classic egg salad sandwich.