Coconut Curry baked chicken is an incredibly delightful dish. This marinated chicken has the perfect balance of coconut and curry, which makes it simply out of this world. It can be grilled or oven baked , depending on your resources and when you are cooking it. As with any recipe, you can adjust some of the seasoning according to your taste. For example, if you’re a curry lover, you can add little more curry. The same holds true for the garlic. Alternatively, if you find the spices a little overpowering, you can simply cut back a little.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 lb chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Servings: 4
- Time: 4 hours
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed garlic, fish sauce, curry powder, turmeric, and ground coriander. Using a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Using a sharp knife, make two or three slits on the skin side of each piece of chicken. This will allow the marinate to be absorbed into the meat.
- Add the chicken to a Ziploc bag. Pour in the curry powder mixture and seal the bag. Massage the bag up and down and back and forth until the meat is fully coated.
- Open the bag once again and add in the coconut milk. Seal the bag, massage it once again up and down and back and forth until the chicken is coated thoroughly.
- Place the marinated chicken in the fridge for at least 3 hours – overnight is preferred.
- After marinating, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Drain the chicken. Coat your preferred baking tray with baking spray or oil. Place the chicken on the tray and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the oven for one hour.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and serve it with fresh rosemary sprigs over the top of the meat. Enjoy!