Cookies and cream polvoron is one flavor of a popular milk candy in the Philippines. It is made with toasted flour, sugar, melted butter, and crushed cookies and cream. You can use your favorite brand of cookies such as Oreos. There are other flavors of this milk candy such as peanut butter and chocolate.
When toasting the flour, it is better to use a wooden spoon and a nonstick pan. We only toast the flour for 8 minutes over medium heat or the flour will be too dark and taste burned. If you double the recipe, you can toast it for up to 15 minutes but not more. If you don’t have a polvoron molder, which is the main problem with most people making this recipe, you can simply use silicone muffin cups. These are easy to peel when the polvoron is set. They are also extremely easy to mold when placed in the freezer for a while.
Polvoron is fun and easy to make. It is also delicious. This is a great snack which your entire family will love.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 pcs or more oreo (cookies and cream) with filling
- Yield: 6
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place flour in a preheated pan. Stir constantly using a wooden spoon over medium heat for at least 8-10 minutes. If your making a large batch you may toast it longer 10 minutes but no longer than 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Sift the toasted flour, milk, sugar, salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Put cookies into a cellophane or Ziploc bag. Crushed them until crumbly. Transfer to the flour mixture.
- Add the melted butter. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Line a silicon muffin cups into the muffin tray. Fill the cups until full with the mixture. Making each cup is fully packed.
- Set aside in the freezer until set.
- When set, remove polvoron gently from muffin cups. Wrap with candy bag. Serve and enjoy!