Dad’s chilli rice is a delicious combination of ground beef, tomatoes, spices, and vegetables. The entire dish can be done in about 30 minutes and the entire family will love it. Not to mention it is great for any kind of social gathering such as a game night.
As always you can alter the ingredients according to your choice. For example, some mushrooms would never go amiss. You could also add some red chilli beans if you are so inclined. Add more or less garlic, chilli powder, cumin etc. It all depends on your choice.
As always, give it a try and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
Dad’s Chilli Rice
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 lb or 1/2 kilo of lean ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of pre-cooked rice – rice of your choice
- Add the beef, onion, and bell pepper to a pan over medium high heat. Chop up the beef using a wooden spoon and fry for 6 to 8 minutes or until the beef is nicely browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and the spices. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil.
- Add in the rice and just heat it through. Plate and garnish with green onions.
- Enjoy your dad’s chilli rice.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 591 Fat: 8.2 Saturated fat: 2.9 Carbohydrates: 83.1 Sodium: 405 Fiber: 3.7 Protein: 42.9g Cholesterol: 101