Deviled eggs are an great holiday treat. I serve them up and family and friends love them. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
I should add there are a few variations to the recipe. First off, boil the eggs for about 15 minutes and allow them to cool in cold water. Give them a few cracks, put them back in some cold water, and this will allow them to peel easier.
Make sure your knife is sharp when you slice them. They need to be cooled and sliced well so the yolks can be removed.
You can add the dressings of your choice. I like what we have added in terms of the ingredients. First off, the mustard really adds a nice touch followed by the lemon juice.
You can add the ingredients of your liking to each egg.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 6 eggs hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika about 1 tsp
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, fried
- 1/4 cup of old cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- a few cilantro leaves
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes and allow them to cool in cold water.
- Slice them in half with a sharp knife and remove the yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Put the mayo in followed by by the mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- For the first one, add the egg mixture to the egg white, sprinkle the paprika over the top, and garnish with a few green onions.
- Secondly, spread the bacon over the top and the cheddar cheese.
- One again, place it into the egg.
- For the third egg, add the mixture to a bowl and add in the sriacha sauce. Mix until well combined. After that, put the mixture into the egg, and garnish with some cilantro.