Dulce de leche poke cake is delicious, moist, and decadent. It is perhaps one of the nicest cakes I have had and is great served up for dessert with ice cream to accompany the whipped cream caramel flavouring. It very popular with friends and family. Give it a try and, as always, let us know what you think.
There are a few changes you can make. First, you can use more or less vanilla in the cake depending on your liking. I find a half a teaspoon is, however.
We use a spring form pan to make it simply because it is easy to get out. You can use the pan of you choice. Just make sure you coat it with baking or melted butter so it will come out easily. It does not hurt to line the bottom with parchment paper, as well.
When the cake has cooled, for presentation purposes, I always trim the top so it is flat, but you can use it as is if you like. Be sure to poke lots of holes to allow the dulce de leche to soak right into the cake.
You can let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours but overnight is the best.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 stick or 113 grams of softened butter
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 350 ml can of dulce de leche
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 500 ml of whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1/2 cup of crushed almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy and well combined.
- Crack the eggs in followed by the vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Spray and baking pan or spring form pan with baking spray or butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Put the cake mixture in and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool, remove it from the pan, and trim the top if desired.
- Using a chop stick or fork pock several holes in the top of the cake.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipping cream over all areas of the cake and sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours to cool.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your dulce de leche poke cake