Fiesta layered taco dip is colorful, rich, and delicious. It can be eaten with tacos or solo. The base of the dish is a combination of re-fried bean, taco seasoning, and ground beef. Although the ground beef can be left out to make a vegan dish, it adds a lot of texture and flavor to the recipe. Any brand of sour cream can be used, but we suggest a thick and rich brand. The same concept applies to the salsa. If either the salsa or sour cream are too runny, they will run together and create an unappealing appearance. Grated cheddar cheese is perfect for this dip. If you are a cheese lover, however, you can use multiple cheeses such and Monterey Jack or mozzarella. You can use pre-made seasoning in packages from your supermarket, you might want to try our homemade taco seasoning.
Fiesta layered taco dip is an absolute hit at any party or gathering. As a result of the dish being so rich and thick, we suggest serving a fairly large taco with it. Try it today and let us know the outcome.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 10 oz re-fried beans
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 16 oz (454 grams) sour cream
- 2 jalapenos or green chilies, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 5 green or spring onions, sliced
- 1 jar (24 oz) medium or hot salsa
- 1 large tomato
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp or 1 package taco seasoning of your choice
- cooking oil
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Add the ground beef to a preheated pan. Fry until lightly browned.
- Add in the onion and garlic. Saute them until fragrant.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, re-fried beans, and your favorite taco seasoning. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Chop the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Spread a layer of the mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with sour cream, salsa, green chilies, onions, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and cheddar cheese.
- Chill and serve with tacos and enjoy.