This is a terrific recipe that can be not only be enjoyed in the summer, but any time of year. It is traditionally cooked as a pork BBQ, but beef or chicken can also be used. In western terms, this is also known as a shish kabob. As a variation of this recipe, you can also place tomatoes, onions, green peppers, etc. on your skewers. The beauty of shish kebabs, or pork barbecue, is they can just about be created with anything you have in the refrigerator. They can also be holistically vegetarian, meat, or a combination both. The choice is yours.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kg pork cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3tbsp. calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soda (Sprite) optional
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- pepper to taste
- bamboo skewers
- Servings: 6
- Time: 3 hours
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Marinate pork meat with soy sauce, lemon juice, pepper, garlic, onion, ketchup, soda, and sugar for about 3 hours or overnight. Cover with a foil.
- Place meat on bamboo skewers. Grill on medium heat and continuing basting with marinated sauce on meat until desired roast.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Serve and enjoy!