Fish lumpia or lumpiang isda is a variation of lumpiang shanghai. This dish is not popular in the Philippines due to the belief that fish is not a good substitute for pork. For certain families, however, this is a nutritious substitute and contrary to popular belief has a similar taste to pork. Many types of fish can be used for this recipe such as galungong fish but my preference is yellow fin tuna.The preparation is nevertheless the same as traditional lumpiang shanghai. This recipe is a must try! [hr] [wpsr_facebook][wpsr_pinterest][wpsr_stumbleupon][wpsr_linkedin][printfriendly] [hr] [two_third] [btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 450 g yellow fin tuna or 2 large cans (250g) plain tuna
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp spring onions chopped
- 1 fresh egg
- 1/2 pork bouillon
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- pepper to taste
- spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
[/two_third] [one_third_last] [box style=”1″]
- Servings: 5
- Time: 45 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[/box] [/one_third_last] [btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Place fish in a pot and pour enough water to cover the fish. Simmer over medium low heat until cooked. Drain and flake the fish. (If you are using tuna in can, drain the water and set aside.)
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion, garlic and flaked fish over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add pork bouillon. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir until combined. Turn off heat and set aside in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl combine, sauteed fish flakes, minced carrots, spring onions, celery and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoonful of mixture and place it in center of the wrapper. Fold and seal all edges using water. Roll and set aside.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Fry the rolls is batches until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce or ketchup. Enjoy!
- Tip: Fry one lumpia roll before wrapping them all to test the taste. Adjust seasoning according to your preferences.
[…] thai sauces make a perfect combination. For a healthier version of this, you may want to try Fish lumpia. Give this a […]