Fusilli and broccoli salad is simple, easy, and healthy. It makes a great midweek especially if you’re on a diet. I usually try to eat 3 meals a week that don’t contain any meat. Give this a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few basic tips to making fusilli and broccoli. I use the plain facilli, but the multicolored ones visually add to the dish. If you’re a garlic lover, you can add more. The same applies to the peppers. If you have fresh red peppers, by all means use them. If the pasta seems a little dry, simply add more olive oil. I like freshly grated Parmesan, but the powdered will suffice, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo (1 lb) of lean ground beef
- 2 cups of fusilli noodles
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Boil some water in a pot. Add in the fusilli noodles and boil them for 9 to 10 minutes until they are al dente. Remove the pasta from the water and add the broccoli in. Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes until fork tender. Remove it and place it in the bowl with the fusilli.
- Add the olive oil to a pan. Add in the garlic and chili peppers. Saute them over medium high heat for a minute or two.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the pasta and toss. Plate it and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve and enjoy your fusilli and broccoli.