Ginger fried chicken has a distinct taste unlike any other fried chicken. The combination of ingredients in this recipe produces a flavor unlike anything you gave ever experienced before. Serve it up at parties and the results will be unbelievable. I usually have it for a treat on Friday nights or on the weekend. Give it a try, and let us know what you think.
There are a few twists and variations to the recipe. First, I use chicken legs simply because I like the amount of meat they yield. You can use any cut of chicken, however. The recipe uses quite a bit of ginger simply because it’s the star of the show. If you find it a little overwhelming, you can cut back a bit. For example, instead of using two thumb size pieces, you can scale it back to one or leave the ginger powder out of the flour mixture. We always find that adding a bit of corn starch makes the chicken a little more crispy. You can also add some additional ingredients if you wish. For example, some garlic or hot pepper flakes might be a nice addition.
Frying the chicken at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes creates gorgeous golden brown fried chicken. You can use a deep fryer, pan, or pot. I find a deep fryer produces an even cook, but you can be the judge. Also, keep in mind that thicker chicken parts containing more bone, will result in a slightly longer cooking time.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 6 chicken leg or parts
- 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp of corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken to a sealable container. Put the cooking wine, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in. Seal the container and shake until the meat is completely coated. Place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat your oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add the corn starch, flour, ginger powder, salt, and pepper to another sealable container. Using a whisk, mix until it’s well combined.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and place it in the container. Put the lid on and shake until the meat is completely coated.
- Fry the chicken, in batches, for 8 to 10 minutes or until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
- Enjoy your ginger fried chicken.