[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 medium sayote peeled and cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh shrimp (optional)
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Servings: 3-4
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Filipino
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Heat cooking oil in a pot, saute onion, garlic and tomatoes until soft and fragrant.
- Place in pork and shrimp. Saute until pork outer parts turn light brown and shrimp changes its color to pink.
- Place in chayote. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Pour in water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes or until chayote is tender. Turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!