Hamburger sliders are simple and delicious. They are great at a summer barbeque and make a fantastic party idea. I top them with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and my favorite condiments. Actually, I prefer hamburger sliders over full size burgers. Give them a try this weekend, and your family and friends will love them.
An interest piece of trivia is that the name originated In navel circles in reference to the way the greasy burgers slid across the ship’s grill when it was in rough waters.
I like to make my sliders with lean ground beef simply because it’s a little healthier. You can use just about any type of small bun. Personally, I like dinner rolls about 3 inches in diameter. You can cook them on a charcoal, gas, or electric grill. If you don’t have a grill, you can fry them in a pan. I find 6 to 8 minutes on each side produces a medium burger. If you like your burgers on the rare side or well done, you adjust the time accordingly.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1/2 kilo of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 5 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 6 – 8 three inch dinner rolls
- Yield: 10
- Time: 40 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Start mixing with a spatula and change to your hands to ensure the ingredients are well combined.
- Pick up a small handful of the mixture and form about a 3 inch round patty. This will really depend on the size of the buns you are using.
- Place the patties on the barbeque and cook them for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Toast the dinner rolls and place the patties on. Top the hamburger sliders with grated cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and your choice of condiments.
- Enjoy your hamburger sliders.