Homemade pancakes are simple and delicious. After making this recipe, you’ll wonder why you ever went to the supermarket and bought boxes of pancake mix. This was certainly my initial thought. This recipe makes five large pancakes about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. When cooking the pancakes, make sure your heat is set medium-high on an electric stove. If you are using a gas stove, you might want to have it a little lower. Top your pancakes with your favorite corn or maple syrup. Personally, I prefer a nice Canadian maple syrup. It is also nice to add a layer of butter to the top of the pancakes as this makes them a little moister. Other people enjoy their homemade pancakes with strawberry jam.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pancake or maple syrup
- Servings: 5
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In separate bowl, combine the milk and egg. Whisk until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Whisk them until they are combined. Do not over mix the batter. A few lumps in the batter are fine.
- Spread butter in a nonstick pan, and set the heat to medium high.
- Gently pour about 1 or 2 ladles of batter and let it cook until golden brown. This will take about a minute and 30 seconds over medium high heat. As an indication, there will be bubbles on the top of the pancake when it’s ready to flip. Cook the other side until light brown and fluffy.
- Remove pancakes and serve with syrup on top. Enjoy!