This roasted chicken recipe yields one of the most delicious birds you’ll ever encounter. The trick is injecting the chicken with a simple combination of lemon juice and soy sauce. Many people are of the opinion that you can simply drizzle the marinate over the top. The reality is, it must soak right into the muscle or meat. The only way of achieving this goal is to use a needle. You could let the chicken marinate overnight, but it still won’t reach the tissue properly.
We also use a few other tricks to make the chicken incredibly delicious such as stuffing the cavity of the bird with onions and garlic while drizzling olive oil over the top. Then, we add a nice dusting of chicken bouillon and fresh ground black pepper.
There are a few other tips to roasting this delicious chicken, as well. To begin with, you can pick up a needle at your local pharmacy. Try to get the biggest one you can. I always tell the pharmacist I’m injecting a chicken, so he or she doesn’t think I’m a drug addict. A special meat injection syringe can also be purchased at larger grocery and department stores.
We use light soy sauce as it loads better in the syringe. If you want to use a heavier soy sauce, such as Thai, you can water it down and it loads quite nicely. The lime or lemon juice gives the recipe the much needed acidity. When injecting the chicken, make sure you inject as many areas as you can find and go as deeply as possible.
In terms of stuffing the cavity, I use onion and garlic. You can add you own twist to this too. For example, if you can find some lemon grass, it will never go amiss. You could even use some lime or lemon wedges if you want.
I find the chicken bouillon combined with the drizzle of olive oil takes the bird to the next level of excellence. Make sure you massage these ingredients into every nick and cranny of the chicken. I’m a pepper lover, so I dust the bird with a lot. Feel free to use as much or as little as you like.
A 1.5 kg chicken seems to bake perfectly at 375 F or 190 C for an hour and a half. If you’re using a bigger or smaller bird, adjust your baking time according.
Lastly, remember to drop us a line and let us know how your roasted chicken turns out.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 1 one and one half kg chicken
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of lime or lemon juice
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 packet of chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Preheat you oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce and lemon juice. Mix until well incorporated.
- Using a large needle, fill the syringe with the mixture and inject it into as many parts of the bird as possible and as deeply as possible.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and spread the chicken bouillon over. Message into the bird covering as many parts as you can.
- Pepper to taste.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the onion and garlic.
- Place the bird in a baking dish and roast it for an hour and a half.
- Slice and enjoy your juicy and delicious roasted chicken.