Kung Pao Chicken is a famous and classic Chinese food made with chicken, peanuts, and sauce. It is relatively easy and simple to make. For many, this dish is very special and can be ordered in any Chinese restaurant across the globe. If you prefer more sauce simply double the sauce ingredients. Adding some veggies is optional. There are many ways of making kung pao chicken. I assure you, this is one of the easiest way to make it. It is really great for weekend meal served up with steamed rice or noodles. If you want to taste a delicious Chinese cuisine, this dish is waiting for you to try.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 3 medium boneless chicken breast , cubed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- cooking oil
- 1 tbsp red hot pepper flakes
- 2 thumb size ginger chopped
- 2-3 tbsp spring onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- few drops sesame oil (optional)
- Servings: 2-3
- Time: 30 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: Chinese
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Directions:[/btn]
- Slice the chicken into cubes and set aside in a mixing bowl. Add in cornstarch and soy sauce. Mix well until chicken is fully coated.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in the mixing bowl. Double the amount if you prefer more sauce.
- Add cooking oil in a preheated pan. Place the chicken in and fry over medium heat for at least 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cook thoroughly. Set aside in a platter line with paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the hot pepper flakes, ginger, spring onion and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Put the chicken back in, peanuts and the sauce mixture. Stir for about a minute or two until everything is well combined. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy.