Lime basil chicken is a dish that is out of this world. It can be made in about 20 minutes. In light of this, I usually make it up during the week Your family will love it. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
There are a few tips to making this delightful dish. You can add as much or as little basil as you like. If you don’t have fresh basil, you can use dried. Fresh basil is so much nicer, however. The amount of pepper flakes depends on your taste. You can also use fresh chilies, as well. I like mine fairly hot. We use boneless, skinless breasts, buy you can use thighs if you like.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 4 large chicken breast cut in bit size
- 15 pcs fresh basil leaves
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- olive oil (2 tbsp)
- lime wedges
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- Add olive oil in a preheated pan. Saute onion and garlic for a minute until translucent.
- Put in chicken and stir for about 11-12 minutes on medium high heat until chicken is lightly brown and cooked.
- Pour in sauce mixture and stir for a minute. Turn off heat and add the basil and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir for a 30 seconds and serve with hot rice.