Mediterranean chicken tenderloins is a simple, delicious, and healthy recipe. Made with a easy combination of homemade Mediterranean spice, chicken, and almond flour, the taste is to die for. I always serve mine up with a Greek salad and some tzatziki sauce for dipping. As I always say, your family and friends will simply love it. It is a must for a Mediterranean diet.
As always, there are a few tips to making the recipe. You don’t really have to use tenderloins, i just like the cut. Instead, you can use boneless, skinless breasts cut into cubes. I would not use skin on chicken, however. There is just too much fat involved.
You can buy the Mediterranean seasoning in a large grocery or departments store. Or you can make your own with a few spices you will probably have in your pantry. I like making my own, as I can control the spices that go into it and add and delete as I wish.
Give our Mediterranean chicken a try and, as always, enjoy.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Mediterranean Chicken Video:[/btn]
- 1 lb or 1/2 kilo of chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of powdered Parmesan cheese
- For the Mediterranean seasoning:
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Note: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can use an oven.
- Place almonds in a food processor, pulse until it becomes flour like, and place it in a zip lock bag.
- Add in the Parmesan and the Mediterranean spice mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake until well combined.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture and set aside on a plate.
- In batches, place the chicken into the bag, seal, and shake until completely coated.
- Set them onto an oiled wire rack with a baking pan underneath to serve as a drip tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your Mediterranean chicken tenderloins.
I’m from the Philippines. Have tried and loved this recipe. Thanks Dave and Gerald! More power to both of you! ???
Hey Sarah. Thanks so much. So glad you enjoyed it. Hope all is well in the sunny Philippines.