Mediterranean chicken tenderloins is a simple, delicious, and healthy recipe. Made with a easy combination of homemade Mediterranean spice, chicken, and almond flour, the taste is to die for. I always serve mine up with a Greek salad and some tzatziki sauce for dipping. As I always say, your family and friends will simply love it. It is a must for a Mediterranean diet.
As always, there are a few tips to making the recipe. You don’t really have to use tenderloins, i just like the cut. Instead, you can use boneless, skinless breasts cut into cubes. I would not use skin on chicken, however. There is just too much fat involved.
You can buy the Mediterranean seasoning in a large grocery or departments store. Or you can make your own with a few spices you will probably have in your pantry. I like making my own, as I can control the spices that go into it and add and delete as I wish.
Give our Mediterranean chicken a try and, as always, enjoy.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Mediterranean Chicken Video:[/btn]
- 1 lb or 1/2 kilo of chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of powdered Parmesan cheese
- For the Mediterranean seasoning:
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F or 177 C.
- Note: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can use an oven.
- Place almonds in a food processor, pulse until it becomes flour like, and place it in a zip lock bag.
- Add in the Parmesan and the Mediterranean spice mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake until well combined.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture and set aside on a plate.
- In batches, place the chicken into the bag, seal, and shake until completely coated.
- Set them onto an oiled wire rack with a baking pan underneath to serve as a drip tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy your Mediterranean chicken tenderloins.