Mini beef pies are quick, easy, and delicious. I enjoy them due to their size as you can even out the portions. They make a great dinner recipe, finger food, snack, and are even great for lunch boxes for that matter. They keep nicely in the fridge for a few days, as well. Give them a shot and let us know what you think.
There are few tips to making these delightful little beef pies. First, I use lean ground beef as it contains less fat and is a little healthier. You can use any type of ground beef, but you might have to drain it half way though the cooking process though. To make things easy, I use store bought puff pastry which you can buy in just about any grocery store. You can make it from scratch, but it’s so much easier to buy it. Frozen mixed veggies are used in this recipe. Of course, any type of mixed vegetables can be used. Fresh veggies are super good if you can get them. If you’re a soy sauce lover, you can use more. The same applies to the garlic and onions, as well. You will get about 12 to 14 mini beef pies from this recipe.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 450 grams or 2 sheets of premade puff pastry
- 400 grams (1 lb) of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (360 degrees F).
- Add olive oil to a preheated pan. Add the onions and garlic to a pan. Saute them over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Put the ground beef in. Fry it until it’s slightly brown (4 – 5 minutes).
- Place in the mixed vegetables, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Mix until everything is well incorporated, and continue to cook it until the veggies are warm.
- Set it aside in a bowl and let it cool completely.
- In the mean time, use a solid round object, about 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter and punch out the puff pastry into circles. I use a mug, and it seems to work well.
- Spray your baking tray with baking spray.
- Place the cut out pastry over each muffin well, press it down, and smooth out the edges.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray, and spread the cheese over each pie.
- Return it to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, serve and enjoy your mini beef pies.