Nutella cherry wraps are as easy and uncomplicated as it gets. They are made with 5 simple ingredients: tortilla wrappers, Nutella, cherry pie filling, walnuts, and cinnamon sugar. The great part is, they can be made in about 15 minutes. In light of this, they make a simple and easy dessert, and the kids will love them.
There are a few suggestions to making these tasty little wraps. First, any type of tortilla wrapper can be used, but I usually use whole wheat wrappers simply because they are healthy. You can buy them in just about any grocery store. For that matter, you can make them from scratch if you have the time.
The cherry pie filling can be picked up in any grocery store and in just about any country, as well. You’ll find it in the baking isle, and it’s only a couple of dollars a can. The same applies to the Nutella spread. You can use as much or as little of these ingredients depending on how diet conscious you are.
It’s best to fry the wraps over medium high heat. We use a cast iron skillet but any pan will do. Fry them for about 2 minutes on all sides, but keep an eye on them as the brown and cook quickly. The last thing you want is a burned tortilla wrapper.
Give our Nutella cherry wraps and try, and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 2 tortilla wrappers
- 1/2 can of cherry pie filling
- 4 – 5 tbsp of Nutella spread
- 4 tbsp of crushed walnuts or the nut of your choice
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar
- Lay the tortilla wrappers out and spread about 2 tbsp of nutella onto the center.
- Spread 1/2 the cherry pie filling over the Nutella followed by half the nuts.
- Grab the outside edges and fold them toward the center. Then, take the end closest to you, tuck it under the filling and roll it into a log shape. You want them rolled fairly tightly.
- Place the wrappers in a pan and cook them, over medium high heat, on all sides for a minute or two.
- Dust the cinnamon over the top and enjoy you Nutella cherry wraps.