Omurice is fried rice covered with omelet. Garnish with ketchup and green veggies on the side. It is popular in Asia like Japan and Korea. The meat in fried rice can be Chicken, pork or beef.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed veggies
- 3 tbsp of ketchup
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Saute onion and garlic in pan until fragrant.
- Put the chicken in and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir until heated through.
- Season with ketchup and salt and pepper. Stir for a minute or two and set it aside.
- Season and whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt it down. Put the eggs, cook and scramble until half set.
- Add the rice mixture into the middle and shape it into a oblong shape.
- Fold it over to cover.
- Flip it onto a plate and garnish with ketchup.