Our one pan apple cider chicken is simple and delicious. Made with a simple combination of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rosemary, salt, pepper, apples, and sweet apple cider mixed with dijon mustard, the outcome produces a taste to die for. Your family, friends, and anybody you serve it to, will rant and rave about it and ask for the recipe. Please don’t tell them you made it in one pan in 30 minutes.
There are, of course, some things you can change in the recipe. For example, you can add more or less rosemary depending on your taste. A bit of thyme could be added as well. I can not see garlic being a fit, but if you are so inclined, go ahead and try it. You can pick the apple cider up in just about any grocery store, but if it is in season and made fresh, it is incredible. Other cuts of chicken can be used too, I just find the boneless skinless breasts fast and easy. If you use another cut, remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly. The same applies to the apples. I like honey crisp, but you can use the apples of your choice.
This delightful chicken recipe can be served up with any side dish, but I like a fresh garden salad and a bed of hot steaming rice. Mashed goes well too, although it might be a bit heavy. Don’t forget a nice cold beer or glass of white wine.
Give our apple cider chicken a try. As always, drop us a line and let us know what you think.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Watch the Video:[/btn]
- 1 pound or 1/2 kilo of stewing beef or chuck
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in half
- 3 honey crisp apples or the apple of your choice, cored
- 1 tbsp of dried or fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup of sweet apple cider
- 2 tsp of dijon mustard
- Core the apples and place them in a bowl of water with a squeeze of lime to stop them from turning brown.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add about 2 tsp of oil to a pan over medium high heat. Place the chicken in and fry it for about 4 or 5 minutes on each side until it is browned and no longer pink inside.Set them aside on a plate.
- Add a couple more teaspoons of oil to the pan, place the apples in and fry until tender crisp and browned.
- Season the apples with the rosemary, stir and cook for another minute or two.
- In a mixing cup or small bowl, make the sauce by combining the apple cider with the dijon mustard. Stir well.
- After the apples are tender crisp, add the chicken back in and slowly pour the sauce over. Place a lid on, reduce the heat, and allow it to simmer for another 4 or 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy your apple cider chicken.