One bowl apple cake is a simple and delicious dessert. It is a soft and moist cake with cinnamon taste that is out of the world. As a result of using a few simple ingredients, the cake can be made in a little over an hour. This makes it a great recipe to whip up during the week. It’s even nice served up as a snack with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
There are a few tips to making this tasty treat. I use Fuji apples because they are sweet and have such a nice texture. You, however, can use any type of apple you like. I use Crisco oil, but just about any type of vegetable oil can be used. If you are a cinnamon lover, you can use a little more. If you are not, simply use a little less. A few dashes of other spices, such as nutmeg, could be used, as well.
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Ingredients:[/btn]
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 6 medium size Fuji apples
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- Servings: 6
- Time:60 minutes
- Level: Easy
- Cuisine: American
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Cooking Video:[/btn]
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Method:[/btn]
- Add the flour and baking soda to a mixing bowl. Whisk until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, vegetable oil, and the eggs. Whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the apples one at a time and cut them into quarters. Remove the core. Slice them into thinner wedges and put them into the sugar mixture immediately so they don’t brown.
- Add half the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix until everything is well incorporated. Add the remain flour mixture and continue to mix until everything is nicely combined and there are no obvious lumps of flour.
- Apply some baking spray or grease the sides of 2 nine inch cake pans and line the bottom with some parchment paper. Pour the mixture in and place them in the oven for 55 minutes. You can use a single bigger container for one single cake, as well.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool a little. Slice, serve, and enjoy your one bowl apple cake.