One Pan Creamy Mushroom Chicken is out of this world. Believe me, once you try this recipe, you’ll be fired up to share it with everybody. It’s creamy, tender, and juicy. You can eat it as is or served up over rice, mashed potatoes, or the pasta of your choice. My family and dinner guests always enjoy it and ask for the recipe. It also makes a great midweek meal as it’s so simple to make. Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
There are a few tips to this recipe. I use fairly large chicken breasts and cut them in half. Try to make sure the breasts are thawed and at room temperature so they cook evenly. Frying them for 4 or 5 minutes on each side, over medium high heat, usually yields a completely cooked, juicy chicken breast. I usually make a small slice in one of the biggest pieces just to ensure there are no pink areas. As with any recipe, you can alter the amount of onion, garlic, salt, and pepper according to your liking. We use heavy cream, but if you are diet conscious, you could probably get away with
[btn color=”orange” target=””]Video:[/btn]
[wpsr_facebook][wpsr_pinterest][wpsr_stumbleupon][wpsr_linkedin]half and half.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in half
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp of parsley for garnishing
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add some oil to a preheated pan and put the chicken in. Fry it over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown. Set it aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic in. Saute, over medium high heat, until the mushrooms begin to change color.
- Pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream. Stir and bring it to a boil. Put the cheese in, stir, and allow it to melt.
- Add the chicken back in and allow it to simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, allowing it to thicken, while spooning the sauce over it.
- Turn off the heat, plate the chicken, spoon the sauce over, and garnish it with parsley.
- Enjoy your one pan creamy mushroom chicken.